For Week Ending March 19, 2022
Rising sales prices and a surge in mortgage rates haven’t been enough to cool demand and ease competition heading into the spring market. Agents are reporting homes are selling at lightning speed and often with multiple offers. According to the National Association of REALTORS®, 84% listings were on the market less than 30 days last month, with an average of 5 offers on each home sold, and 48% of offers above list price nationwide.
IN THE TWIN CITIES REGION, FOR THE WEEK ENDING MARCH 19:
- New Listings decreased 6.8% to 1,370
- Pending Sales decreased 6.6% to 1,180
- Inventory decreased 14.6% to 4,713
FOR THE MONTH OF FEBRUARY:
- Median Sales Price increased 8.3% to $340,000
- Days on Market decreased 4.3% to 44
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 0.7% to 100.8%
- Months Supply of Homes For Sale decreased 10.0% to 0.9
All comparisons are to 2021
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From MAAR Market Data News.