For Week Ending May 28, 2022
Nationally, home sales and contract signings continue to soften compared to last year’s pace, while sellers are working quickly to list their homes and cash in on the remaining buyer demand. Realtor.com reports new listings are growing nearly twice as fast nationwide in May compared to this time a year ago, leading to a greater availability of homes for sale. As inventory inches upward and competition eases, sellers are having to adjust to the shifting landscape, with an increase in price reductions reported across many markets.
IN THE TWIN CITIES REGION, FOR THE WEEK ENDING MAY 28:
- New Listings increased 0.1% at 1,608
- Pending Sales decreased 15.4% to 1,451
- Inventory increased 4.6% to 6,772
FOR THE MONTH OF APRIL:
- Median Sales Price increased 10.0% to $370,000
- Days on Market decreased 9.7% to 28
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 0.5% to 103.8%
- Months Supply of Homes For Sale remained flat at 1.1
All comparisons are to 2021
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From MAAR Market Data News.